Career Plan Checklist
Steve Milano shares 10 Steps to Creating an Actionable Career Plan with CafeQuill readers. Each step has an explanation of what it is, why it’s important and how to complete each step (or most steps).
- Set concrete goals with dates
- Create a career file
- Research job descriptions
- Start skill-building
- Improve your online reputation
- Set up informational interviews
- Serve on industry committees and boards
- Prepare for public speaking
- Build the right network
- Manage your network
You don’t have to do all 10 of these things. Don’t like public speaking? Focus on getting published. Don’t like writing? Offer your expertise to a blogger or trade magazine editor. Think board service is too difficult? You’ll be surprised to know how easy it is.